Like an any other option of the home renovation, plan of Loft Conversion requires a lot think. Whether you desire to create an aesthetic living space or to have a playroom for your kids, ample alternatives are available to choose from to suit every budget. Below are some of the tips that you need to think about to have your perfect attic loft conversion. So start your planning by thinking about the below mentioned points.
How to Plan Loft Conversion Service
- Assess the feasibility of a conversion – A loft with adequate headroom and floor space is always considered ideal for an attic conversion. Get a professional builder’s assistance to evaluate the suitability of your space
- Decide the suitable type of loft conversion – A wide variety of attic conversion options are available such as Mansard, Dormer, Velux, Hip to Gable, Hip End, Cottage or Pitched Dormer, Hip to Gable Rear Dormer, Roof Lift and many more. It is sensible to choose a suitable one based on the construction of your property, roof type and budget
- Determine the benefits you can gain – It is vital to evaluate the benefits you can obtain through a viable loft conversion. Always bear in mind that it will increase the overall market value of your residential property. In most cases, you can add up to 20% of the actual price. You also need to make sure that the construction accommodates all of your requirements in the best way possible
- Analyse building regulations and party wall – Before planning a loft conversion job, you should be aware about the need of planning permission or a party wall agreement. A loft or attic conversion for your property house is regarded to be permitted development, not necessitating an application for planning permission, subject to certain conditions and limits. Even though all popular loft conversion jobs are classed as a permitted development, it is advisable to submit your attic conversion design to your local planning authority for approval. Another main consideration is to procure a party wall agreement, especially if you reside in a terraced or semi-detached house
- Establish a budget for your conversion – Another important planning step is to establish a budget for your attic conversion. When minimal structural modification is required, the cost of a conversion is considered to be comparatively lower than other home extension options
Having a loft conversion or an attic extension is a great decision and so careful planning is needed to get the best results. Partner with a reliable specialist to develop an extra space of your dreams.
General Overhaul is one of the best Coventry attic conversion and extension specialists, with many years of experience in different types of attic conversion services including Hip to Gable Loft Conversion and Mansard Loft Conversion services at affordable rates. With Snazzy Lofts, clients in Coventry can be certain that your conversion project will be best designed to suit your requirements at best prices.